I’ve been home from my mission for over ten years. I have never been back to Utah since I returned home. I have kept in contact with only one person I taught, and the contact has totaled two emails.
I often wonder how the people I taught are doing. The youngest I taught would be in their twenties now. I wonder how many of the children and youth served missions. I wonder how many still go to church. I wonder what callings the ones who stayed with the Church have held. I wonder if they are all still alive. I wonder if any have married in the temple or are raising children in the gospel.
I wish email was around when I was on my mission.
March 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm a little scared to know.
I have luckily been able to stay in pretty good contact with the members and some of the people I taught in East Germany (some of whom were baptized, others who never did get baptized). It has been very fulfilling. I highly recommend reestablishing contact. Ten years seems long, but I bet it's not to late to send a few letters.
If I had contact information for them, I would.
Post a Comment