July 03, 2005

Celine Dion Live 8

Live 8 was pretty cool this week. Despite the criticisms many gave for the supposed lack of entertainers in Barrie, ON (not Toronto as Bono sang), it was a good show. The finale by Gird Downie, Neil Young, BNL, Bruce Cockburn, and others was patriotic and inspiring.

Celine Dion was too self-absorbed to make it and thought she would be benevolent enough to appear via a satellite feed from Vegas. Justifiably, she was booed by those in attendance. If you're going to perform, be there. If you're not going to be there, don't perform.

4 comments:

Kim Siever said...

It wasn't helping poverty via satellite per se that was a sign of her self-absorption. It was her lack of dedication to the event. How dedicated could she be if she couldn't break herself away from Vegas? Other performers were able to do it.

Anonymous said...

I Love Celine! She should have been there, and not via satellite, though. Still, I don't believe she deserves all this backlash and hatred!

Kim Siever said...

I don't believe she deserves any praise.

Anonymous said...

So fucking what if she didn't show up at the Live 8?!!? I think people knew that she was going to be performing via sattilite anyway. You people are missing the point. She lent her talents to raise money for a good cause. That's more than you can say for many artist! Where's Britney Fuckin' Spears? Besides, if I bought tickets to her(Celine) show and she cancelled to do Live 8, I'd be pissed too. She decided to stick to her obligatons and that's commendable. You can please everyone!