August 10, 2005

Who goes there?

Hi, my name is Rick Beres.

Kim was kind enough to invite me to post here, and I thought it might help if you knew a little about me.

My two children and wife (of eleven years and counting) live in Magrath, Alberta and they're kind enough to let me live there too - if I behave myself. I was born in Lethbridge and raised in Magrath. And to answer the question that I'm sure is burning inside you, I am not a member of the Church of Latter Day Saints. My wife and children are LDS though, and I'm sure you can imagine how happy my in-laws were about my wife marrying a non-member; but all that is water under the bridge, as they say.

I work in Lethbridge as an IT Manager at the largest law firm in town (insert shameless plug for North & Company here), and have various hobbies related to graphics, design and computer programming. I am a geek.

I enjoy a good discussion on most topics, especially social policy, politics and the eccentricities of members of the LDS faith.

That's me in a nutshell.
I'm looking forward to contributing to this blog.
-rick

6 comments:

Kim Siever said...

Welcome, Rick. You may be the closest thing we get to a lawyer on here.

Kim Siever said...

Amen on that, Rusty.

Mary Siever said...

Welcome to the blog, Rick, which I rarely post on, lol.

rick said...

Thanks for the welcome.

rusty, maybe I wasn't clear.

I have hobbies that include design.
**new statement**
I am a geek.

Absolutely non-correlated sentences.
;)

Nikki said...

Welcome Rick!

Robyn said...

Welcome Rick! I knew a Beres back in college. We were in San Diego California so I doubt you're related. Great guy though!